IMPORTANT COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Sno-King Ice Arenas is required to adhere to the current Washington State Governor mandate to operate safely and responsibly. As of June 2, 2021, we are currently operating under Phase 3 guidelines with hockey and figure skating programs defined as a moderate contact indoor sport. Below is the current protocol in all Sno-King facilities.
- Sno-King Employees will follow the requirements from the Department of Labor & Industries.
- All areas inside the arena will be consistently sanitized and cleaned.
- We have installed arena specific COVID signage to assist with social distancing, hand washing, facial coverings in addition to locker room usage.
- Facial coverings are required for all participants, including coaches, trainers, and officials at all times while on the ice.
- Facial coverings and physical distancing is required for all spectators and staff at all times unless they are fully vaccinated.
- In accordance with the Secretary of Health’s Order 20-03.2, fully vaccinated spectators and staff are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering. A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt from physical distancing requirements. Spectators who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Athletes, coaches, referees, spectators and any other paid or volunteer staff are required to stay home if they feel unwell, show any signs of COVID-19, or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
Additional Session Information
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your public skating session start time. This is very important- Do not arrive late. This is to ensure adequate time for skate fitting and lace up.
- Keep in mind skates come in whole sizes only, wear a thin sock that goes up and over the ankle, and when in doubt size down. Skates need to fit snug..
- We recommend bringing your own helmet..
- Parents will be given a sticker badge that corresponds to your skater.
- Each guardian will be responsible for lacing up their child’s ice skates. .
- At the conclusion of your public skate session, skaters will be directed to leave the ice and have 15 minutes to take off their skates and exit the building.
- After taking off your skates, please drop them off at the skate counter. Skates will be disinfected for the next group.